DJ Matt Blake
Let’s start by saying that when it’s your wedding, you don’t need to do anything you don’t want to do. This applies to both wedding rehearsals and rehearsal dinners the night before.
These traditions might’ve become the norm over the years, but they absolutely aren’t necessary, no matter how much family and friends might be telling you that they are.
You can brief your wedding party and your vendors on the order of the day without having a rehearsal and still have everything run smoothly. As for the dinner, there are so many other ways you can spend time with the people closest to you the day before the wedding without having to sit down to a meal.
Here are a few ideas you might want to steal:
● Arrange a picnic. Getting married at an outdoor venue such as a beach? Why not arrange a small picnic for your immediate family and your wedding party. The food and setup are simple, and you get the chance to create some special memories.
● BOB. If you need to save some money, get everyone to bring a six-pack of beer and some wine that they can share. Kind of like a wine and beer potluck. Your guests get to have a tasting while spending time with each other.
● Arrange a spa day. If you would prefer something really intimate, why not arrange a spa day just for you, your partner, and your wedding party? This way you can spend time together and relax before your big day.
● Schedule a boat outing. If you’re getting married near water, schedule some sort of water activity such as a boat outing. Just make sure that it’s nothing that would lead to someone getting seriously hurt before the wedding day.
● Spend a day at the pool. Another way that everyone can relax and spend time together before the wedding is a day at the pool. A few snacks, drinks, and some music make for the perfect pre-wedding setting.
In the end, whether or not you want to spend time on a rehearsal and money on a rehearsal dinner is entirely up to you as a couple. If you are planning something significant, you might want to get your photographer to snap a few photos, so check if that can form part of your wedding package.
DJ Matt Blake
Wedding tips & Event recaps and stories!
Need pricing for your upcoming event - Click here to get a quote!
DJ Matt Blake - 682-233-2053 - email@example.com
Site powered by Matt Freakin Blake